Tuesday 2 July 2013

Slacktonbury - 2014

Strange Bruise
Slack Babbath
Just a short write up and an excuse to extol the virtues of Dave and Julie Campbell in putting on another fine sunday session at the Schooner in Gateshead.

We had some fine rock on vinyl from one of the guest DJs with stuff like The Stones Midnight Rambler and ZZ Tops La Grange spilling out from the speakers , and amazingly even the very young kids were loving it all. Dave sorted "Ratty's" barbecue and whilst I fancied something to eat the burgers and portions were too big for me.

By the way if you come down to the Schooner the food is awesome.

Anyway first up were Strange Bruise opening with "Strange Brew" , then I captured them doing an excellent rendition of "White Room". The crowd appreciated them and it's great to have a Cream tribute band in the area.  Certainly worth catching and a great warm up for the headliners.


I'm showing my ignorance here , I dont know what Slack Babbath opened with but Ozzy Ouseburn made a great entrance , the best I've seen since Big Ray joined The Hipthrusters on Newcastle's Blue Carpet. Anyway you can watch it on the first video below:


I managed to also record Symptom of The Universe and the band played many favourites including Snowblind, Iron Man (introduced as Iron Bloke) and Paranoid. The sound quality was excellent and it was a truly brilliant afternoon for all. Looking forward to more but this was a truly memorable occasion


1 comment:

  1. opening Slack Babbath track was 'Under The Sun'. great set!

    ReplyDelete

I'll publish as soon as I can , thanks for commenting